Enhancing Our Community
With Affordable Housing
ENG | ESP
Login | Forgot Password?
Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation is seeking qualified contractors to participate in its owner occupied and purchase rehabilitation programs. The agency receives state and federal funding through the City of Cape Coral to provide these rehabilitation services.
The following information must be submitted and the application approved before a contractor is allowed to perform any work for the City of Cape Coral Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program.
- 1. Submit a completed/signed application and certification of compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- 2. Possess a valid State of Florida General Contractor’s License or County Certificate of Competency and Qualified Business License in his/her own name and submit a copy with the application.
- 3. Be registered with the City of Cape Coral in active status.
- 4. Provide three written references from customers, sub-contractors, or material supply houses.
- 5. Provide a copy of contractor liability insurance.
- 6. Provide a copy of workers compensation insurance or exemption.
- 7. Be free of any substantiated complaints or violations during the prior 2 years.
- 8. Maintain a consistent record of passed inspections with no lengthy construction delays during the prior 2 years.
- 9. Have pulled permits and built or rehabilitated at least three homes within the last 2 years. Contractors who have recently received their license will still be considered and may be approved with a probationary status.
- 10. May not be on the federal Excluded Parties List System. The Excluded Parties List System (EPLS) includes information regarding entities debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, excluded or disqualified under the nonprocurement common rule, or otherwise declared ineligible from receiving Federal contracts, certain subcontracts, and certain Federal assistance and benefits.
- 11. Be willing to perform in accordance with the agency’s contractor guidelines.
Once a Contractor is approved, he/she will be placed on the “Approved Contractors List” and will be eligible to bid on construction and rehabilitation projects. A bid package will be sent to the Contractor for the next available project let out for bid.
The information on the left must be submitted with the application.
Applications can be downloaded with the button below or picked up at the CCHDC office located at:
609 SE 9th Ter,
Cape Coral, FL 33990.
We offer a variety of programs to assist income qualified families to achieve their dream of homeownership.
Owner Occupied Rehabilitation
We offer Owner Occupied Rehabilitation to very-low and low income individuals in need of repairs. The typical repairs are health and safety issues. Read More >
We offer HUD approved Homebuyer Workshops in English and Spanish. The curriculum covers Pre-purchase through Post –purchase. Clients need to call the office to reserve a spot for the class.